Mar 25, 2011

The Nice Book



The Nice Book by David Ezra Stein
Illustrated by David Ezra Stein
2008

     The first time I read The Nice Book, I was by myself at the library.  It takes about a minute to read the whole book and I only brought it home because I wanted to look at all of David Ezra Stein's books (since I had loved Interrupting Chicken).  I thought it was just ok. But then I read it outloud to my four year old and...he absolutely LOVED IT!  
     Maybe he loved it because we acted it out. We cuddled. We nestled. We tickled each other, scratched each other, squeezed and giggled.  Whatever the reason, he has memorized the book and laughs with delight every time we read it together.  So, as you can imagine, it is now one of my favorites as well.  
     Some lines are funny like "Pat...but don't stomp flat." Others are poetic and philosophical. And all of them flow with ease paired up with simple but beautiful images.  Great book to read and give to someone Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment