Apr 28, 2011

The Boss Baby

The Boss Baby

The Boss Baby by Marla Frazee
Illustrated by Marla Frazee
2010

     So you know how when you're pregnant with your first child somebody always gives you a book, usually I Love You Forever or Guess How Much I Love You...Well, I have decided that The Boss Baby should be that book every new parent gets.
    From the moment The Boss Baby arrives, he puts his parents on a schedule "with no time off", takes over the house and has a fit when things are not to his liking.  He gets drinks on demand, he has a spa, and a gym.  He is "entitled to plenty of perks" because he is the boss.  And that's just the way it is!
  This book is the most honest, hilarious book I have ever read about how life changes when you have a baby at home.  HE IS THE BOSS...it's the baby's world and we are just there to meet all his demands.  The text is spot on and the illustrations are a perfect match. My son also loved it because he could relate to the boss as his baby sister coming in and trying to run the show.  This is the book I'll give anybody who's having a baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment