Dec 31, 2011

My New Year's Resolutions





     Every year I make not one, two, but a bunch of New Year's Resolutions.  I know I should probably just make one and stick to it, but I like to make different resolutions for different facets of my life. So I make one as a teacher, one as a mom, one as a wife, a personal one, and one as a reader/writer.  I won't bore you with all of them, I'll just let you know of my New Year's Resolution as a reader.
     In 2012, I will read all the Caldecott Medal Winners and Honors Books from 1938-to the present. I'll track my progress on Goodreads and I'll blog about my favorites here. If you want to join the challenge go here: Caldecott Challenge.
     I'm also joining the Newbery Medal Reading Challenge, but I know I won't be able to read all of them in a year, so this is a long term resolution (I'm shooting for 2 years).
     I'm going to read the books from both challenges in chronological order, but to spice it up, I'm starting from oldest to most recent with the Caldecott, and from most recent to oldest with the Newbery.
     So there it goes. It's written out so you can hold me to it (good thing I'm not sharing the other resolutions).
     Have a wonderful new year full or love, laughter and good books!

-Natalia Ortega-Brown

ps: you can follow along on Twitter #nerdcott and #nerdbery

1 comment:

  1. great project! I was doing pretty well on the Caldecott winners but I've been side tracked. I need to keep reading!

    ReplyDelete