May 8, 2011

My Mommy Hung the Moon: A Love Story

My Mommy Hung the Moon: A Love Story
My Mommy Hung the Moon: A Love Story by Jamie Lee Curtis
Illustrated by Laura Cornell
2010

     It's Mother's Day so there is no better time to include in this blog My Mommy Hung the Moon: A Love Story . "My mommy hung the moon. She tied it with string. My mommy's good at everything." From that opening verse we are taken through a long list of all the wonderful things moms can do, their quasi superhero status when seen through the eyes of their young kids. Moms can light up the sun, puff clouds, feather birds, grow food, write all the books, and my favorite, "webbed all the world, she dotted .com. She e'd the email, my own CD MOM."
     The illustrations are quirky and quite colorful and offer pages full of details to look at during multiple reads. My Mommy Hung the Moon: A Love Story is sweet and funny. A book to read year round.

No comments:

Post a Comment