Sep 11, 2011

9/11 Books that make me happy

     I've spent the last couple of days worrying about my blog post for today.  It's been ten years since the 9/11 attacks and it feels like yesterday.  Before 9/11 I was just somebody who lived in NYC, but on that day and in the following months, I became a New Yorker. I fell in love with the city, its resiliency, and passion...and I felt home, part of a new family.  That day changed my life in more ways that I can say.  I changed careers and reevaluated my whole life.  I'm a teacher today because of 9/11 (as were many of the New York City Teaching Fellows I met that year).
     Getting back to the blog...on the days that followed the attacks I found myself glued like a zombie to the television newscasts.  I needed to find something to keep my mind occupied so I turned to books, looking for ones that would make me happy and bring back good memories.  So today, I'll just show you some of those books in no particular order:



Mafalda & Friends 1 (English edition)     The Phantom Tollbooth     The Little Prince     The Adventures of Tintin, Vol. 3: The Crab with the Golden Claws / The Shooting Star / The Secret of the Unicorn (3 Volumes in 1)   




HARRY POTTER AND THE SORCERER'S STONE BY ROWLING, J. K.(AUTHOR )PAPERBACK ON 01-JUN-1999     A Margarita Debayle     Asterix the Legionary (Asterix (Orion Paperback)) (Book. 10)     The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy


The Neverending Story     Alice in Wonderland     Charlie and the Chocolate Factory     Like Water for Chocolate A Novel in Monthly Installments with Recipes Romances and Home Remedies 1994 publication.

No comments:

Post a Comment